Washington (TDI): The United States on Friday reaffirmed its support for Pakistan following a series of deadly militant attacks in Balochistan, saying it stands firmly with Islamabad in efforts to bring those responsible to justice.
In a statement shared on social media platform X, the US State Department’s Bureau of South and Central Asian Affairs described the attacks as “horrific” and said Washington remains “steadfast with Pakistan” during this difficult period.
The bureau also highlighted that the Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) continues to be listed by the US as a Foreign Terrorist Organisation. The group, along with its affiliate known as the Majeed Brigade, was formally designated as an FTO by the US State Department in August last year.
According to the State Department, such designations, made under Section 219 of the US Immigration and Nationality Act, are aimed at cutting off support networks, restricting funding, and increasing pressure on militant groups to abandon violence.
“We support efforts to hold the perpetrators of these horrific attacks accountable,” the bureau said in its statement. Meanwhile, Pakistan’s security forces announced the conclusion of a major counterterrorism campaign in the province. According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), “Operation Radd-ul-Fitna-1” ended after several days of intelligence-based clearance operations, resulting in the killing of 216 militants.
Read More: UNSC Condemns Balochistan Attacks, Urges Accountability
The military’s media wing said the operation was launched after a wave of coordinated attacks across Balochistan on January 31. ISPR said that the militants involved were backed by India.
The violence claimed the lives of 36 civilians, including women and children, while 22 personnel from the security forces and law enforcement agencies were also killed, the ISPR said. It added that large quantities of weapons, ammunition and explosives were seized during the operation.
Read More: CPEC’s High-Quality Growth Transforms Balochistan and Xinjiang
The attacks have also drawn international attention. United Nations officials have condemned the violence, expressing concern over the loss of civilian life and underscoring the need to ensure accountability for those behind the assaults.












